Remember the 6 strategies we told you about three weeks ago?
- Nurture your website visitors with valuable information that will increase their trust to buy from you
- Capture your website visitors’ details so you can continue this education process and keep them engaged
- Tell your visitors of those plain-English benefits that will make them want to engage with you and your services
- Include trust-building testimonials from past and current clients
- Make your website mobile friendly so as not to scare away all those visitors who mainly browse on their mobiles.
- Nudge visitors into becoming clients using a call to action
We are going to talk about Number 6 today.
A successful call to action (CTA) is a simple button that drives your readers to take the action that you want them to take.
The action could be one of many different things:
- Sign up for a free consultation,
- Download an ebook,
- Click here to learn more
A clear call to action is one of the most important elements that you need to have for an effective sales message. It can be placed anywhere in your marketing — on your website, in an email, or even at the end of a blog post. If it is effective it can make a huge difference to your sales efforts.
This is what they look like:
Is this sounding too “salesy” to you? If you find yourself feeling a bit uncomfortable when you think about having a clear CALL TO ACTION, stop for a second, take a deep breath and remember why you are in business.
Remember, selling is not wrong if you have a great product and it does not have to be obnoxious if you do it well!
So, if you have a great product that people actually want and will benefit from, do not wimp out and use a few effective selling techniques:
- Make your CTA bigger and bolder than the rest of the page but do not overdo it, you do not want to look desperate!
- Offer a CTA that provides real value, like an e-book, a free estimate, a no obligation free consultation, etc. Never just say: CONTACT US, that is the worst form of CTA and you will be bitterly disappointed with your conversion rate.
- Consider the colour and design of your CTA, make it look so good that people will want to click on it!
- Make it look clickable, use a button or hover effect.
- Test it out if possible, try different colours, designs and positions and see which one gets the most clicks and drives the most leads.
Remember, a clear and persuasive call to action is a proven and effective way to boost the conversion of your sales copy. So, if you have one already make sure it is doing its job well and if you don’t, it is time to get started.
If you deliver quality content and respect your leads and customers offering them a great product, there is no reason to be afraid of stating your position confidently and having a killer CTA on your website. Your business will quickly grow and you will win a lot of loyal and happy customers!
If you found this interesting please share it with a colleague. If you have something to say go to the comments below. To make sure you receive the following posts on this topic, subscribe on this page.