One of the best ways to find new clients is to help them find you. Using search engine optimisation (SEO) and strong content throughout your website will help pull in web searchers. But what about when people do a Google search using your name? Do you know which websites come up first and if those are relevant results?
If your company’s website is not currently among the first results, keep reading for tips including information about lead generation. With a bit of help with online marketing your web presence will be better than ever.
Can Clients Find Your Website?
Considering the amount of people in the area, you should be able to pull in a decent share of the market and experience continued business growth. Without a website, however, your company only exists to your current clients and any word of mouth referrals. Without the right search engine results, consumers will not be able to find your website, which again means that your company does not exist to anyone outside your current clientele.
Thankfully, growing your business does not mean having to invest tens of thousands of dollars in advertising campaigns. Digital marketing is a powerful and cost-effective tool, and can help you reach consumers who may not run across your company otherwise. Although Bing and Yahoo are popular search engines, Google is still king. People run billions of Google searches each day and the site can list billions of results for a single search.
Regardless of whether a consumer heard about you from a friend or somewhere online, chances are that he or she will run a Google search before booking an appointment. Prospective clients want to learn more about your company, your services and your credentials.
If your website is buried beneath pages of search results, it is almost as bad as not having a website at all. In today’s digital world, not having a web presence can leave a bad impression and lack of credibility and trustworthiness.
Do Clients Find the Wrong Information?
Let’s say you did everything right to support searchers, from carefully cultivating profiles on social media to launching an informative and user friendly website. When a prospective client runs a search for your name, your results may be mixed in with related terms. For example, perhaps your personal profiles, forum comments or photographs are appearing above your more professional results.
Alternatively, if there is another person in the area with your name, their personal website or Facebook profile may be among the first results to show. Both are extremely common issues that can inhibit leads. Thankfully, there are ways to improve your search engine rankings in both cases.
How to Improve Search Engine Rankings with Lead Generation Services
What should prospective clients see when they search for you on the Internet? Ideally, your top results should be:
- Your business website
- LinkedIn or other social media profiles
- Business blog
- Articles authored by you or your company
- Store or practice information, including a phone number and hours of operation
Help consumers find your practice by improving your strategies for online marketing. Lead generation services will help in two ways:
- Limiting Personal Content: Although it is not possible to remove every personal or negative tie to your name, you can bury less desired content. Start by adjusting your online behaviour. If you have a personal Facebook profile, consider shortening your name or using a nickname. Also, if you chose to post reviews or content in forums, shorten your name or pick a username. In contrast, use your full name and credentials within a more professional LinkedIn profile. Make all personal photos and videos private, including those on Facebook, YouTube and photo-sharing sites.
- Improving Company-Related Links: There are several ways to improve your website’s search engine rankings, including posting video content, using SEO, hosting a blog and making the site friendly for mobiles (Google likes this). The higher your website ranks, the more likely it is that clients will see it first, long before any personal or unrelated sites.
Keywords are particularly important to help people distinguish your name and company from those of any other person. Brainstorm possible keyword phrases that searchers would use to find you, and use them throughout your website. In this way, if someone searches for your name plus a credential such as dentist, your website will come up before anyone else’s.
Want to Learn More?
Search engine rankings, Google algorithms and social media platforms can make online marketing tricky to navigate. Espresso Digital Marketing can help turn your business around with personalised consulting. Besides lead generation services, we also offer website design and development, social media management, accounting systems, practice management systems and more. For more information and a free business consultation, call 0401 535 584 from within Australia or +61 401 535 584 from overseas or contact us online today.
Do you think we can help you with your digital marketing?
*** Please get in touch! ***
Do you have a friend or colleague who would benefit from this information?
*** Please share it with them! ***