Ten years ago it was only yellow pages, ads and referrals that got people through your door. Today, you have to stand out in the face of very tough online competition. However, success in this environment is not impossible.
Are you looking for ways to grow your business? Are you intrigued and a bit confused when you hear buzz words such as inbound or content marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, etc.?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, read on…
To stay ahead of your competition you must first understand the 6 top strategies that successful businesses use to have a strong online presence, to attract interested people to their websites and finally convert these leads into sales and loyal clients. We’ll talk of Strategy No 1 today and the rest will come in successive posts but to give you a sneak peek, here are all of them:
- Nurture your website visitors with valuable information that will increase their trust to buy from you
- Capture your website visitors’ details so you can continue this education process and keep them engaged
- Tell your visitors of those plain-English benefits that will make them want to engage with you and your services
- Include trust-building testimonials from past and current clients
- Make your website mobile friendly so as not to scare away all those visitors who mainly browse on their mobiles.
- Nudge visitors into becoming clients using a call to action
STRATEGY NO 1
Successful businesses use inbound marketing to target consumers who are already looking for the services they offer. They choose a target market and nurture it with free valuable information that builds trust and a strong relationship with their brand.
Some simple statistics
- 61% of global Internet users research products online. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- 131 billion searches are conducted worldwide per month on the web. (Comscore, January 2010).
- 75% of users though, never scroll past the first page of search results. (MarketShareHitsLink.com, October 2010)
Outbound Marketing vs. Inbound Marketing
If you run a business you know that your company’s success relies heavily on your marketing. While traditionally the use of outbound marketing(ads, Yellow Pages, non targeted e-mails, etc.) was the
most common strategy, this has quickly changed in the last few years as consumers became tired of the constant ad interruptions and the sell, sell, sell approach.
Today many companies have turned towards inbound marketing strategies for their marketing needs. With inbound marketing you target a core audience by providing free useful and quality
content so they get to trust you and as you nurture them they become interested in finding out more about your products or services. So, basically, you give them something they want and would otherwise research for in order to get them to come to you.
How Lead Nurturing works
There are several ways to conduct a successful inbound marketing strategy.
The first and most important ingredient is Creating Quality Content. You can use your own blog, Google, targeted e-mail campaigns, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and any other social media channels to post and promote helpful articles, infographics, videos, tutorials, etc. This content should not advertise your company, but instead it needs to provide valuable information to potential customers.
The more quality content you offer the more chances you will have of getting your business to the first page of Google and of getting people to share your content with others. While you do this, you are building an asset with all this content and also making yourself and your business known to thousands of leads. As you continue providing interesting content not only are you inviting consumers to stay engaged with you, you are also giving them the chance to share and respond to your content, which will eventually lead back to your webpage.
Thank you for getting this far! If you found this interesting please share it with a colleague. If you have something to say or ask a question scroll down. To make sure you receive the following posts on this topic, subscribe using the box on the top right.