Your Allied Health Practice or Dentist Surgery may have started with only one or two practitioners and it was probably easy to keep track of everything. As you start to grow though, managing all this requires more than just an appointment book and an invoice pad. You need a system that works and covers all your bases and is easy to use and manage. Admin work is a necessary evil but it doesn’t have to be all manual and ugly.
You also may be thinking of future retirement and planning to sell your practice when the time comes. Practice Management Software could be the key investment to show your surgery or practice is in the 21st Century and can carry on seamlessly when the new owner takes over.
Read on to see what you could do with a highly functional Practice Management System:
- Create, change or cancel appointments from anywhere using your smart phone, tablet or laptop. As long as you have an Internet connection and your device, you can do it.
- Allow your patients to quickly and easily make their own appointments at any time, even outside business hours, based on practitioner availability. You can have a button on your website, Facebook page or both that patients could click on to make appointments at their convenience. They can choose location, practitioner and an available time slot. This can only mean more appointments for you and your practitioners! Oh, and you can receive a text or email letting you know someone booked an appointment, to make sure you don’t get any surprises.
- Remind your patients of their appointments automatically via email, text or both to minimise patient no-shows. It’s been proven that timely reminders help patients go their appointments more often than just relying on their memory for it. Minimising missed appointments means maximising your income and efficient use of your time.
- Manage one or many locations, all from one single login and screen and integrated for excellent visibility.
- Write quick thank you and follow up letters to referrers using customisable templates and print or email them with one single click. Your relationship with referrers will improve which leads to more referrals.
- Write treatment notes that you can access from anywhere. Have your iPad with you and see them or update them from wherever you are!
- Invoice patients and keep track of payments. See at a glance whether an appointment on the calendar was invoiced and paid. Invoices are easily customised with your preferred logo and can be emailed to patients or printed with just one click.
- Sell your products and keep tabs on income by product so you can tell what’s selling the most.
- Keep track of expenses.
- Send communications to patients automatically (like follow up appointments or happy birthday notes) via email system integration with MailChimp or manually (email them invoices with just one click)
- Run quick reports on missed appointments, payment summaries by type, outstanding invoices, revenue by practitioner, patient number growth, etc.
- Save even more time by easily integrating with accounting software to automatically send information to your accountant for stress-free BAS and tax returns.
Think of all the time you’d be saving by implementing at least some of the points mentioned above. This is time you can use to see more patients, be with your family or just go sailing more often. You are also improving your communication with your patients as well as your referrers. This is great news for your business!
We recommend Cliniko* to cover all of the above (and more) for its ease of use and quality and timely support. It’s also beautifully designed, is a pleasure to use and even have a 30-day free trial. In our experience, Cliniko combined with Digital Marketing has greatly increased the number of appointments our clients have had by an average of 10% per month. If you need help to put Cliniko in place or someone to do it for you and get your business to grow, contact us. We can implement Cliniko for you, provide you with the minimal training required to use it and make sure you get the best support. You just simply carry on doing what you do best for your practice!
Are you ready to start with your Practice Management System and Digital Marketing? Do you have any comments or want to know more? If you found this interesting please share it with a colleague. To make sure you receive the following posts on this topic, subscribe on this page.
* Cliniko is a complete practice management application used by thousands of healthcare practitioners in more than 55 countries worldwide. Manage schedules, treatment notes, invoices, payments and lots more. It works great for solo practitioners, large teams and anything in between.